A digital agency may be a critical factor in the survival of many companies already online or seeking to launch themselves on the internet, with the growth of the internet still at a peak and e-commerce revenues growing by 13 percent in February 2009, typical of the year-on-year growth of e-commerce sales. Some digital agencies will try to offer cheap services to you and a cheap-looking campaign is typically the result. Minneapolis Digital Agency-AMP Digital Agency offers excellent info on this. Pushing your company on the internet is an expensive and time-consuming operation, but the result can be highly profitable if you work in collaboration with a successful digital agency.
But how do you spot the poor from the good? These five easy tips may be the most valuable advice you take in terms of your company’s potential online success, saving you from wasting your cash on an ill fated campaign by steering you to a long-term marketing agency that will partner with you.
- Look at their website: If a digital agency has a badly built or inaccessible website that advertises itself, how do they expect potential customers to market themselves as a web design agency? Take time to travel through the website of possible digital agencies throughout the decision making progress. You know that these features would be accessible to you if their site is well built and uses modern technologies such as flash. If the digital agency has the personnel and technical capabilities to create an outstanding website for itself, this can be extended to projects for its suppliers and their customers.
- Look at their past work and their other customers: the majority of digital agencies will be willing to illustrate their past and ongoing work. It is possible that their website will have a portfolio or links to the websites they have designed and sold. If a digital agency has large and small companies in the consumer portfolio, it is a positive sign as this reflects commitment to any job with which they are working and the capacity to handle large-scale releases and marketing strategies. Do you like the work for these customers that the digital agency has done? Has it won awards or been competitive in the sale of more products? It will make it easier for you to work together to handle your online business features if you like the work they have done in the past.
- For the long run, are they in it? It’s more than just a good website launch to have a profitable presence on the internet. If you are searching for a sustainable income from your website, you would need continuous marketing help via an e-commerce shop, for instance. Take advantage of this if an organisation provides marketing campaigns alongside its web design/development services. Marketing experts will be hired by the best digital companies to ensure that full exposure is received once the website has been launched on the internet. During the proposal process, there are a variety of different ways of doing this that can be addressed.
- Take a look at the team: Take a look at the people they hire while you are considering a digital agency and what you want them to do for you. Smaller digital agencies can find themselves overstretched with a handful of staff members. Ideally, workers would specialise in one area, be it website design, creation of blogs, writing web content, online marketing, and account management. Under this approach, each employee member dealing with your account will have a brief to focus on and can concentrate on their assignment instead of spreading too thinly over the project. The less work that a team member needs to do, the more they can do it.
- Points mean awards! It is rare for technical awards to be nominated for, let alone win. For any nomination, there is tremendous competition and judging panels take the process very seriously. As well as specialist accolades from media publications, regional business awards and industry awards, awards and qualifications from search engines are remarkable. In selecting the right digital agency for you, recognition from those in their own sector should be taken care of.